International Conference on Computer Systems in Medicine and Health - spring 2016
May 11-12, 2016
AIM: The aim of the conference is to bring together researchers and practitioners and provide them with a platform to report on recent advances and developments in the computer systems used in medicine, as well as actual and potential applications of new IT tools to medicine.
TOPICS within the scope of the conference include:
- Software Development for Biomedical Image Processing and Analysis
- Computational Imaging and Visualization
- Computer Aided Diagnosis and Treatment
- Automated Diagnosis
- Biomedical Image Processing and Analysis: Enhancement and Visualization, Segmentation, Registration, Detection of Anatomical Features, Detection of Abnormal Conditions
- Machine Learning and Classification
- Data Mining Tools in Medicine and Bioinformatics
CONFERENCE FORMAT: The conference will comprise oral presentations, posters and papers. The submissions should present significant and novel research results, practical improvements or modernizations with a prospect for a tangible impact on the IT and medical area and potential implementations. The working language of the conference is English.
- an abstract (max. 300 words)
- a short bio including your institutional affiliation and contact details either
in MS‐Word format or as a pdf.
PAPER SUBMISSION: Accepted and extended papers will be published in Studia Informatica. The article up to 12 pages is recommended. Manuscripts must be submitted according to the instructions and templates available on: http://studiainformatica.polsl.pl.
POSTER SESSION: Presenters will share their ideas with attendees and circulate during a designated time in the poster session area. Individual poster presenters should be required to answer questions during this session.
ORAL PRESENTATION: Limited to 15-20 minutes. Possible languages: English (recommended) and Polish.
Registration & Fees: Registration, participation, oral and poster presentation is free of charge. Fee for paper publication in Studia Informatica will be charged – 676,50 PLN gross (incl. 23% VAT) / ca. 150 EUR. In case its needed, assistance in booking accommodation in Szczyrk or nearby will be provided.
Conference Program Committee:
- Konrad Wojciechowski, Polish-Japanese Academy of Information Technology, Poland (Chair)
- Bogdan Smołka, Silesian University of Technology, Poland
- Rafał Cupek, Silesian University of Technology, Poland (Coordinator)
- Marcin Fojcik, Sogn of Fjordane University College, Norway
- Paweł Mielnik, Førde Central Hospital, Norway
- Sebastian Hein, Institute of Medical Technology and Equipment, Poland
- Marek Kulbacki, Polish-Japanese Academy of Information Technology, Poland
- Jakub Segen, Polish-Japanese Academy of Information Technology, Poland
- Adam Ziębiński, Silesian University of Technology, Poland
|Registration, presentation, abstract and poster submission:||April 15, 2016|
|Acceptance of paper:||April 22, 2016|
|Submission of full paper (to be published in Studia Informatica):||April 29, 2016|
|Registration of participants (those not giving presentations):||April 29, 2016|
|Full conference program:||May 9, 2016|
|Proceedings publication:||expected July/August 2016|
CONFERENCE OFFICE: Silesian University of Technology, Institute of Informatics, 16 Akademicka Street, 44-100 Gliwice, Poland
CONFERENCE WEB SITE: http://medusa.aei.polsl.pl/index.php/csmh
CONFERENCE PHONE: + 48 32 237 2332